Quick, easy and full of protein – just the ticket after a gym sesh! Even if you’ve never cooked before, I promise you can make this – just make sure you have a non-stick pan and a rubber spatula and you’re good to go! And once you’ve got the knack of it, you can use whatever you have in for fillings – it’s so versatile. Breakfast, lunch or dinner – an omelette is never out of the question. I normally make this with 3 eggs, but my cousin (the rugby player) asked for 5 – boys, eh?
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 free-range eggs (or 5, if you want to up the protein)
- 1/2 large chorizo (I used picante)
- a sprinkling of dried basil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Heat a good glug of olive oil in a non-stick pan, then add the chorizo and fry for a minute. This will let off those lovely juices from the meat.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pan with the chorizo.
- Continue to fry until the eggs set, using the rubber spatula to pull the omelette away from the sides – this prevents it from sticking so it’ll slide out looking like an omelette as opposed to scrambled eggs!
- Serve up with a sprinkling of the spring onion. Bon appetit!