We’d been away for the weekend, so I had to make do with what we had in already – so my white fish dish was born! It’s super easy, and you’re bound to have most the ingredients in anyway; I mean, packet noodles are a student’s best friend.
Ingredients: (serves two)
1 pack egg noodles
1 tin chopped tomatoes
4 carrots, chopped
1/2 butternut squash, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 white fish fillets (we had Basa fillets in, but use whatever you have)
2 Tbsp. each of fresh garlic and parsley (dried is fine, but use more)
Salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Put the carrots and butternut squash in a baking dish with a good glug of olive oil, and 1 Tbsp. each of garlic and parsley. Put in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on how big you’ve cut your veg. In the last ten minutes, add the onion.
2. When your veg is nearly done, put the noodles in a pan of boiling water and heat until cooked. Drain, then place in a ramekin or potato cutter. Put in the oven to crisp up.
3. Get your sauce started. In a pan, add the chopped tomatoes, season and add the rest of the garlic and parsley. Add the carrots, squash and onion from the oven, and coat in the tomato sauce. Leave to simmer.
4. Heat a frying pan on a high heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
5.Check on the noodles! They should be crispy but not overly brown. If so, remove from the oven and place on a warm plate.
6. Assemble! Around the noodles, serve up the roasted veg tomato sauce, then top the noodles with the fish. Eat up!