Soup is a fabulous filling meal, and doesn’t have to contain unhealthy things like cream. This one is great for someone on a diet, or equally for someone who likes a bit of heat!
Another special from Tom, he spoiled us and served this as our starter. Babe.
|Have a smaller portion for a starter, or crank up the size for a main.|
- 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 red pepper, chopped
- olive oil
- fresh chopped chilli or chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Throw the tomatoes and peppers onto a baking tray and smother in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven.
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes, tossing them every ten or so. They should be perfectly roasted.
- Put in a food blender or a large bowl if using a handheld whizzer. Blend to a thick liquid.
- Add the chilli. You can freeze it or chill it in the fridge if you fancy gazpacho. Alternatively, serve as soon as it’s soup-like!