Anyone who knows me knows I like a drink now and then. In my opinion, the Manhattan is one of the best cocktails, combining my love of a lot of alcohol with my love of New York. Who could ask for more? Except maybe to be sipping it in New York. Oh well, I can dream..
|If you’re after cocktail glasses, they’re uber-cheap and long-lasting from Ikea.|
- 3 measures rye whiskey
- 1 measure sweet Vermouth
- dash Angostura bitters
- cracked ice cubes
- slice of lemon to decorate (or a glace cherry)
- Put the cracked ice cubes into your cocktail shaker. If you don’t have one just put it all in a jug and stir vigorously instead of shaking.
- Pour in all the liquid ingredients.
- Shake/stir until all mixed and well frosted.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass – you don’t want any ice in the glass.
- Serve immediately. Maybe go back for seconds.. Or thirds.