Woah, big statement, right? Trust me. Make these, and your bank balance will be thanking you every time you think about popping to Millie’s..
They don’t snap when you bend them, they’re gooey on the inside but still crisp on the outside.. To me, these are the perfect all-American cookies. Try them out for yourself!
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar (demerara sugar is too bitty)
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- a little vanilla extract if you fancy
- 225g plain flour (self raising works too if you prefer a fluffier cookie)
- as many chocolate chips as you want! The more the better in my opinion!
- Preheat the oven to 170-180 degrees celsius.
- Cream both the brown sugar and the caster sugar with the butter, then add the egg and vanilla essence. Resist the urge to eat it all now.
- Sift in the flour. Do try and sift, as this makes the cookies light and airy.
- Add your chocolate chips. Maybe eat a few before they make it to the mixture..
- Roll into small balls (about the size of a mint imperial) and place on greaseproof paper. Space them out well – you don’t want them all merging together like mine did! Unless of course you want one massive cookies. Yes please.
- Cook for either 7 minutes if you want them really gooey and soft, or about 10 if you want them golden around the edges.
- Dunk in a cup of tea and enjoy.